sea lancer flooring

Find paint matches and what others have used here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

mike mcintyre

sea lancer flooring

Post by mike mcintyre »

I put the original floor pieces in my Sea Lancer tonight to see how they fit. All went well. I noticed a shaded area along each side that looked like a piece of moulding of some kind goes there. Can anybody tell me what goes there? Thanks, Mike

ps. Had a couple of small spots of rot on the transom where the outboard bolts go through. Used antifreeze to kill the mold. Be careful if you have animals around cause it is sweet tasting and very dangerous for them if they lick it up. Its a very inexpensive alternative to fancy and expensive rot products that the commercial fishermen have been using on the Oregon Coast for years.
a j r

Post by a j r »

There should be a small stained and varnished piece of mahogany trim around the edges of the floor on your 1959 Peshtigo Sea Lancer. About 1/2 inch tall by maybe 3/4 to 1 inch wade.

Antifreeze actually is not a good thing for preventing rot. This is according to a wood expert (Prof. Richard Jagels) who is a contributing writer to "Wooden Boat" magazine. He claims it does zilch for rot prevention and it actually leaches from the wood very quickly, not to mention the hazard it poses to humans, animals, and plants. He devoted an article to this topic in a recent issue.

Andreas
mike mcintyre

antifreeze

Post by mike mcintyre »

thanks for debunking an apparent urban legend re antifreeze. Probably saved me some heartache. Mike