in defense of yellow hulls

Find paint matches and what others have used here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

lapstrakelouie

in defense of yellow hulls

Post by lapstrakelouie »

When I first saw the lemonade color of Thomspon Sea Lancers in the catalogs on CD I just couldn't understand how this color was the standard color of the most popular seller. Later I had the chance to restore a 1963 Sea Lancer and I ordered the lemonade paint from Kirby. I couldn't believe how great it looked against the varnished strake. I recently repainted the hull of my 1963 22' Sea Lane Cabin and the boat is named after the Sun, "Helios" so I wanted a yellow color. I didn't like the lower gloss pastel yellow of the Kirby paint so I tried Petite' Easypoxy Sunflower Yellow but the color was too golden. I then tried 3 coats of Interlux Brightside Yellow. I just launched her last week and the hull turns heads and then burns out their eyes!. Everyone has said how good it looks and it's so nice to have a boat hull that is not white. Try it , you will like it.
Andy Butchard
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

I love the Kirby's lemonade yellow that I used for my '57 Sea Lancer. It is a pleasant change from the multitude of white boats on the water - new and used.

Andreas
txcaptdan

Post by txcaptdan »

Helios... 1963 23' Thompson Sea Lane

Dan Stober
1965 20' Cruisers Inc. 570 Seacamper
1962 20' Cruisers Inc. 502
1963 16' Cruisers Inc. 202 Seafarer
Weatherford, Texas