Mist Green Paint

Find paint matches and what others have used here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

todddressler

Mist Green Paint

Post by todddressler »

Can anyone tell me where I can buy Mist Green Paint for my 1957 Sea Coaster? Or anything that may be close.

Thanks
Todd Dressler
Rapid City, SD
a j r

Post by a j r »

Excellent question. Hope someone can help.

I have seen only ONE '57 Sea Coaster with the proper mist green colour. It was at the recent Antique Outboard Motor Club national show at Tomhawk, WI. The owner's last name was Winter. I am sure this boat had NEVER been repainted from the original factory colour. I saw it about two years ago at Gene Wendt's classic auto and boat sales place in Hazelhurst, WI - just south of Minocqua.

Maybe the AOMCI organisers can get you the full name and contact information for the owner Winter??? www.aomci.org

Andreas
jwb65

Post by jwb65 »

How common was the mist green color? How many years was it offered?

The hull of my boat has been white for decades, but it was light green (I can still spot the original paint under some chips).

Anyone have photos of a boat painted in this color? I am debating on returning mine to the original green. It would match the mint green Thompson top!

Thanks!
Joe
1957 Thompson Sea Coaster
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

The pastel colours other than Lemonade Yellow for the Sea Lancer were only offered on the 1957 models only.

It was the stanard colour for the Sea Coaster in 1957 with white as optional colour. So it stands to reason that most were mist green that year.

I have a couple pics of an original condition Sea Coaster with the Mist Green paint. I think it was a beautiful colour combined with the stained and varnished mahogany. I also have a colour chart from that time period. Here is a link to the chart: http://thompsondockside.com/views/viewtopic.php?t=3086

Email me directly with your address and I can email that stuff to you.

Andreas
email: thompsonboat@msn.com
jwb65

Post by jwb65 »

I sent an e-mail. Thanks for your help!!
1957 Thompson Sea Coaster