Blue behind logo.

Find paint matches and what others have used here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

EDsBoat

Blue behind logo.

Post by EDsBoat »

What is the correct blue behind the Thompson logo? Dimensions?
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

EDsboat,

If you do a search in this form you can find a lot of items that have been covered in the past. Not always real fast but take your time and you can find the info.

Here is what I found.

"Here's is what someone sent me once regarding the blue trapazoid shape: 60 and 120 degree angles; 15 10/16" long; 3 3/16" tall; with the chromed "Thompson" logo centered in this shape. Andreas"

"I have a pint of the blue if your in need. I had it made up by Kirby Paint about two to three months ago." Chuck 440-463-1100 C

Hope this helps.

Good Luck,

Phill
EDsBoat

Post by EDsBoat »

Yes, I looked and all I could find is George Kirby& son. when I contacted them they said they need a sample to match. What is the exact color?
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

EDsboat,

Did you try calling the phone number in my last post? Possibly that person, Chuck, knows what the special color mix was that he got.

I do not know what the exact color was or from whom Thompson got it.

Good Luck,

Phill
W Guy

Post by W Guy »

I would be interested in knowing the correct color as well. My '60 Sea Coaster needs a new coat of paint and I want that blue parallelogram to be correct.
The odd thing about my boat is that the only evidence I see of it ever being painted is that the splash rail is painted white, rather than the stained mahogany that it's supposed to be, but I can see no indication anywhere else that it was repainted. I'd also be interested in the correct white color (there are a hundred different "whites").

Verne :wink:
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Kirby Paint has made it for several people. Ask for the special "Thompson" teal/blue. They probably need their memory jogged. George IV is a great person, give him a call.

Andreas
Charles Drumm

Re: Blue behind logo.

Post by Charles Drumm »

I have some of the blue. Let me check and see if it's still in a liquid form. I be happy to give you enough,
you pay the UPS.
Chuck Drumm Lakewood, Ohio 440-463-1100 C