Where can we buy custom fit cover for 1960 Sea Coaster?

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

sburtchaell

Where can we buy custom fit cover for 1960 Sea Coaster?

Post by sburtchaell »

Hi,

We are excited about our new 1960 Seacoaster and want to get a boat cover for it. Would appreciate any suggestions as to where we might find a quality cover and what type of material to choose. The boat will be garaged year round.

Thanks very much!

Steve
Chalmette, Louisiana
1960 Sea Coaster Special
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

Your best bet for a well fitting boat cover is to have one custom made to fit you boat. Especially if you plan on trailering the boat with the cover on it. Check around for awning and canvas shops in your area. They will have different grades of fabric and can give you the advantages and disadvantages of each type of material.
Big box store covers will work but will not give you a good tight fit. I have a couple for my boats that are from a local big box store and they work but are not the best fitting. I hope to get some made that will fit the boat and its accessories properly one of these days.
Good Luck!
johnpthompson

Post by johnpthompson »

Steve,

Watch the width at the windshield on the out of the box type covers. I just got one on sale to put on our newly relaunched 1963 18' 4" Super Lancer. The cover says it is for 17-19 foot boats. It is barely long enough to cover the transom (separate motor cover required) and is just short of coming down to the deck on either side of the windshield. Apparently, modern windshields are not as tall as their elders.

If I were doing it over, I would buy the esize larger.

John Thompson
a j r

Post by a j r »

Definately do NOT trailer your boat with one of those generic, big box store covers. Even if you think it fits well. They just don't work well. They are fine if you just want a dust cover for in your storage area.

Have one custom made at a local canvas shop. Those types of shops are a dime a dozen here in Minnesota.

Andreas