Scheduled for the Buzz Saw!!!

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Scheduled for the Buzz Saw!!!

Post by thegammas »

Some time ago I noted on the Boat House pages a 62 cruisers inc hull that is a stalled restoration project. She's offered up for free for anyone looking for a new project. I tried to convince a brother of mine to take it and rebuild. But no go. I've been corresponding with the owner, Paul, for some time now. I got a message from him this morning that since there are no takers, she'll be cut up in the next week or two. If any one is interested, take a look and write to Paul. I'm pondering a-new how to get it home for a reasonable cost, but it's not likley. I'd really hate to see it get destroyed.
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
a j r

Post by a j r »

where is she located?

Andreas
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

She's in Cocoa Florida, which is the reason I cant easily go get it. It needs alot of work to make it back into a boat. But I would be up for it as a longer term project. Paul, the owner, said he would throw in the trailer, which would help a lot with the cost of driving it back (he originaly was attempting to sell the trailer and engine separatley). Still hoping to find a justifiable way to bring it home.

Paul's contact info: Paul Anderson (321)636-4299 or Panderson57@cfl.rr.com
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware
a j r

Post by a j r »

Too far away for me.

He should contact the local ACBS chapter - the Sunnyland chapter and donate it to their club. www.acbs.org. He could take a tax write off.

Andreas
thegammas

Post by thegammas »

Thanks Andreas - I've contacted abcs and the ower to see if we can arrange something
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware
thegammas

Post by thegammas »

Sad to say, she was cut up on Friday and hauled away. The owner took all the hardware off, and saved the windshield frames, glass, and hardware.
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

It's sad to see an old classic cut up. For those who may be interested, I was surfing the net and came accross a 1961 Sea Coaster on the Madison Wisconson Craigs List. I'm not selling it and have no connection to it ( I live in Philadelphia), but I thought some might want to check it out.
todddressler

Post by todddressler »

That was a nice boat and I bought it.
Todd Dressler
Rapid City, SD
thegammas

Post by thegammas »

Bought the Florida Boat? The one for the Buzzsaw?
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware
todddressler

Post by todddressler »

No...I bought the 1961 Sea Coaster from WI.
Todd Dressler
Rapid City, SD
thegammas

Post by thegammas »

and there was great sadness (at least in FLorida) :-)
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware
thegammas

Post by thegammas »

This makes me feel nauseous.

Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware