First Post

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

KCD

First Post

Post by KCD »

Hi all. 43 yo from Minneapolis recently transplanted to NW Wisconsin. I have been trolling your board for quite some time. I recently purchased a 1965 Sea Mate with a 1969 85 HP Johnson.

just got her home.

I read in manual that boat was rated for a 70 horse, but believe the 85 has been used for last 25 and some odd years doing fine. A lil prop damage so new prop will be in near future.

lil ouch on side from rub with a Pontoon ..

Boat is still pretty much all original.Previous owner installed Cd player in dash, but hell I can live with it.

We will be stripping, resealing, painting, staining etc. over the winter months....
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

Welcome aboard! Awesome boat!
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
Ron P

65 Sea Mate

Post by Ron P »

Hello and Welcome.

We have the same boat!
Mine has been a project that started in 2003. You can check out the pictures here. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/waddlep2000/my_photos

Right now I'm to the point of varnishing the windshield,trim and transom. I have other boats so this works out fine to be my little escape in the garage.Also I have been sidetracked by a old fiberglass boat.

I have seen only 3 Sea Mates with this vinyl pattern/style.

Cheers
Ron Pistohl
Ron Pistohl
64 Cruisers Inc. 17 ft,W/64Johnson 90hp

65 Thompson 15 ft.W/65 Evinrude 40hp
Appleton,Wisconsin
Photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/waddlep/show/
a j r

Post by a j r »

Welcome to the world of Thompson!

Looks like Brian's boat.

Mark your calendar for the sixth Thompson Antique & Classic Boat Rally 8-10 August 2008 (yup, next year) at marinette, WI. Lots of vintage boat shows in 2007. Check out www.acbs-bslol.com

Andreas
KCD

Post by KCD »

Yup, Brian had it out on highway 8 in St. Croix Falls. We were going back and forth to cities fluently for a couple of weeks on family matters. Noticed it, but were too busy to stop. We finally stopped to look at closer. Called him from the boat along highway. Then called back when halfway home with an offer....