Texas Trifecta

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

txcaptdan

Texas Trifecta

Post by txcaptdan »

After several weeks of rain here, over 12", our local lakes are brim full for the first time in several years.
Last night Andy and I pulled off a boat trifecta. We first moved his 1963 25' Thompson I/O cabin cruiser to a new slip about 8 miles down the lake. We then switched to a 1962 18" Thompson with 90 hp Honda and enjoyed the unusual cool evening, the wind had laid down and the lake was like glass.
Our creeks off the lake we used to explore and float were full and open to exploring again.
We retired to the marina and cranked up Andys 1948 33' Chris Craft sedan cruiser completeing the boat trifecta. Queen Ann purred out onto Eagle Mountain Lake with decks gleaming and the smell of fresh varnish. Queen Ann had just finished a winter long rebuild of her entire bottom and she rode like a new boat, even if we had to wiggle a few fuses to get a couple of lights to come on. What a great wood boat evening!!
Today I will launch my 20' Cruisers Inc and set her in her new slip for the summer and for our show on Saturday.
I can't think of a better wood boat evening.
Dan Stober
1965 20' Cruisers Inc. 570 Seacamper
1962 20' Cruisers Inc. 502
1963 16' Cruisers Inc. 202 Seafarer
Weatherford, Texas