Rally?

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

john

Rally?

Post by john »

Who's coming to the Rally in Aug? I'm undecided, more inclined to come without boat.
a j r

Post by a j r »

I suppose I'll show up! :)

Andreas
Ron P

Boat Rally!

Post by Ron P »

I will have 3 boats,a bunch of parts to pass a long to fellow Thompson nuts and a complete T N T windsheild... Pictures,brochures etc. for all to look over. I will send in registration shortly......cheers
Ron P.
Ron Pistohl
64 Cruisers Inc. 17 ft,W/64Johnson 90hp

65 Thompson 15 ft.W/65 Evinrude 40hp
Appleton,Wisconsin
Photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/waddlep/show/
Rodney Syverson

Post by Rodney Syverson »

I plan to be there with my 62 Sea Lancer fresh out of a 4 year restoration. Rod S
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

I plan on being there. Have already sent in my registation. Will bring my 14 foot Super Deluxe Runabout. Hope to see you all there.
joelsm65

Post by joelsm65 »

im planning on coming with my 65' sea mate! andreas i was wondering does everybody leave their boats in all night or take out! whats up with the launch, is there one right at the marina, i saw something about the 5$ a foot? whats docking like during the day, just long docks or slips? also about the volunteering, what is needed the most? looking forward to it! had to watch my dvd on the 4th ralley to get a better idea the other night, although alittle nervous about what people think of my boat, its not completely orginal or the best resto job, i might not have done it how you guys all have done it, but still i enjoy it very much and think it looks good!
a j r

Post by a j r »

Hello "joelsm65"

Boats can be left in the water the entire event. Becasue we are GUESTS of Nestegg, it may be possible that boats have to get moved to accomodate their paying customers. We must be VERY accomodating. There are slips and also a long wall for boats. There is a very nice public boat launch about one city block downstream from Nestegg. Cost is a few dollars. There are several other public boat ramps close by as well. All have a small fee. Nestegg does NOT have a lauch ramp.

This is in a river, so remember that there is a current. Depending upon water levels, it can be very mild.

Volunteers are NEEDED throughout the event. To help set-up and tear down; work at the registration tent; help get boats placed; etc... Registration tent help is one area I always can use some help.

This is a FUN show - NO judging or awards. Boat condition does not matter. Bring anything and everything. The more the merrier!

Get those registrations sent in - NOW!

Andreas
JRPfeff

Re: Rally?

Post by JRPfeff »

john wrote:Who's coming to the Rally in Aug? I'm undecided, more inclined to come without boat.
John,

I couldn't imagine hauling a boat from Texas. You can catch a ride with me & my wife if you leave your boat at home (and teach me how to run it).

We are bringing our '59 SeaCoaster. A work in progress - I don't have the the time or energy to restore the inside of the hull. I'll also bring my quart of "Thompson Blue" and will share with the first 3 owners bringing a jar.

Jim
a j r

Post by a j r »

I sure wish folks would get their registrations sent in. Only FIVE (5) boats so far. I am very disappointed.

Andreas
joelsm65

Post by joelsm65 »

sorry i guess we all are procastinators![/b]
JoeCB

Post by JoeCB »

I'v mailed in my papers... I'm planning on trailering my 57' Sea Lancer from the Detroit area. For you folks in doubt, it's a great time... good friends, good stories and great boats, all at a perfect location...AJR does a super job of putting these outings together. I've had my boat at 3 of the 4 rallys... It's sure worth the bit of effort to haul your boat a "few" miles...wrap it up with a good tarp and take it easy.... see you there!
Joe Brincat , Farmington Hills, MI
Phill Blank

Bring Your Boats!

Post by Phill Blank »

Just to let all you procastinators and doubts know at our First Rally back in 2001 we had a older couple trailer there boat all the way from New Mexico. Yes I said New Mexico. We had 61 boats at that rally.
So.......... Get your registrations in to Andreas and plan on bringing your boats. It is a fantastic time and I look forward to it every year. All though I live only a couple hours away form Marinette, Wi. I would come no mater where I lived and bring my boat.
You will enjoy talking with others that have restored their boats and those that have been lucky enough to find the few that are in excellant condition.
It is great getting tips off the internet but even beter talking with these people in person. To see what they have done to their boats. You just can not beat it.
I would like to see us beat the 60 boat mark this year. How about it people?
Comt the Rally and Bring Your BOATS!
See you there!
john

Post by john »

jrpfell

I pulled my 1960 Cruisers 202 up two years ago. A freind and I drove nonstop up and back. About 1400 miles each way. Don't known if I have time for drive this year, may just fly up.
john

Post by john »

I'm sending in regristration, hope to bring 1960 Cruisers 202 and grand-daughters home built 8' MiniMost.

Still to early to know for sure if driving in possible, flying is back up plan. Distance to Rally is 1387 miles on GPS and 24 hours and 31 minutes driving time.

I guess its ok to bring the MiniMost?

Http://www.nwsca.com/minimost/john_pics2/
http://www.aerialimaging.net/john
a j r

Post by a j r »

any and all boats, no matter what materials or builders are heartily welcome.

Andreas