New Cruisers in Texas

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

txcaptdan

New Cruisers in Texas

Post by txcaptdan »

I recently had the pleasure to spend a few hours with my wood boat mentor Andy. We tested a couple of early 60s 20 Cruisers Incs that had made their way from the frigid north to spend some time in warm southern waters.

Andy had picked up both of these boats off E-Bay within the last three weeks, he found a 20' 502 outboard in Minneapolis and the other a 20' 502I inboard outboard from St. Louis. having just finished a 20' Seacamper of the same vintage I was thrilled to be able to test the same hull in different configurations.
The 20' 502I
The 20' 502
The 20' Seacamper

Both boats had been in the water long enough to baptize the bilges both with some warm Texas lake water. Both boats arrived with varnished fuel in their tanks from sitting so long, but a little flushing and re-oiling and they awoke from their slumber.

What fun to have three boats of the same era and hull construction together at one time.
Both boats are in need of some surface refinish but came equipped with all canvas and very nice interiors.
Sorry Andreas, we keep stealing boats from the north and bringing the south!
Dan Stober
1965 20' Cruisers Inc. 570 Seacamper
1962 20' Cruisers Inc. 502
1963 16' Cruisers Inc. 202 Seafarer
Weatherford, Texas
a j r

Post by a j r »

Great pictures and what FUN.

Well, better that they are going to good homes lieu of sitting and getting dusty or even worse, destroyed.

I was on jury duty while Andy drove thru Minneapolis. We just couldn't get the timing right to meet up with each other (we found the scum bag guilty).

Andreas