Restoration Shop Visist

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Restoration Shop Visist

Post by thegammas »

Yesterday I visited a classic boat restoration shop in West Chester PA. Took my Sea Lancer up to have the guy look it over for me. What an incredibly cool place. All manner of antique boats in various stages of repair and restoration. The oldest was a small, 1941 Thompson strip planked power boat, with a small foredeck of solid wood, cedar maybe? If forget the model name. It looked like it was 10 years old. Really solid. There were Chris Crafts, Lymans, etc. The owner showed me around and told me the story behind each boat, what they were doing to them, etc. Way Way cool. Even better, he told me that the issues I thought ranked my boat as weak were relatively minor, and that I had an good boat. Showed me what to fix with tips on how. A great way to spend an hour or so.
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
a j r

Post by a j r »

Isn't it fun to see a professional restoration shop?

Our Bob Speltz Land-O-Lakes chapter of the Antique & Classic Boat Society (www.acbs-bslol.com) has winter educational workshops. Often times they are held at a professional restorer's facility with the restorer giving the "class." We have numerous restorers here in the Twin Cities area - several are world class.

We, in fact, have an event at one of the world's best restorer's in a few weeks.

Andreas
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

you guys have it all around there - seems every boat or vintage motor I see is in your area. around here the are a rarity (which of course makes having mine that much mroe fun)

Looking forward to the next Mystic Seaport event - especially since my SL should be all set by then.
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware