Thompson Boat Rally - boat building contest

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

a j r

Thompson Boat Rally - boat building contest

Post by a j r »

Hi folks,

Hope you all can make it to the fifth THOMPSON ANTIQUE & CLASSIC BOAT RALLY. 11-13 August 2006 at Nestegg Marine in Marinette, WI. It should be an excellent activity.

Bad News: The Down & Dirty Boat Building Contest will be cancelled due to lack of interest. There is only one team so far. Obviously ya can't have much of a race with one team. So...unless at least two more teams come out of the woodwork in the next few days, that portion of the Rally will be mothballed.

If ya want information or are interested in putting together a team, let me know ASAP.

Andreas
612-823-3990
email: thompsonboat@msn.com
a j r

Post by a j r »

If two teams come out of the woodwork (pun intended) we can get this activity going. Any takers?
Atwater

Post by Atwater »

If my progress on the Sea Camper is any indication , there wouldn't be enough hours/days in the weekend to build anything ! ( one step forward , two steps back ) :cry:

As much as I'd like to make the event , I'm still off work and the boat isn't ready yet . Next year for sure .
Scott
a j r

Post by a j r »

In three to four hours teams of two build a boat from two sheets of plywood, some 1 x 2 and 2 x 2 lumber along with 3M 5200 adhesive and zip ties. They cure overnight, the next day the zip ties are clipped and they race 'em! Very fun! Nothing like a Thompson mind you. Sorta Chris-Craft quality! :)

Andreas
Atwater

Post by Atwater »

Actually does sound like my kind of fun . 8)

Unfortunately....
Scott