Trolling Motor

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Dan Wolf

Trolling Motor

Post by Dan Wolf »

Has anyone put a trolling motor on a Sea Coaster? If so how did you get it on the transom with the corner supports. I do not want to install a motor bracket on the boat. Just some type of clamp system.[/b]
John Hart

Post by John Hart »

Dan.. I was planning to do the same thing... for the same reasons... I couldn't stand to put a bracket on my nice stained/varnished transom.... but I wanted some sort of backup... But I have given up so far...

My 75 Johnson motorhead is so huge, there is no room for a trolling motor....

I was going to use essentially two pieces of thin plywood, with foam on the inside.. held together by a piece a little wider than the transom.... when I want the trolling motor, just slip the whole mess over the transom, next to the big motor.... I even thought of offsetting things even more so the motor is past the transom on the starboard side...... I decided that it wans't worth having one more thing in the bottom of the boat.... with fuel cans, box of emergency parts, paddles, etc.

I still have the trolling motor I got used, so I may try again sometime...
Dan Wolf

Post by Dan Wolf »

Yes, I agree, I feel a little inadequate compared to my fishing boat buddies, who have main motor , usually a 9.9 and a troller. If my 40hp Johnson quits it could be a long paddle. I was thinking of something that would fit over the support and transom and then would clamp on like a C clamp would. I'll give it a little more thought. Dan