1962 Cortland On the Water

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

1962 Cortland On the Water

Post by thegammas »

Towed my Cortland Sea Lancer 300 miles to a family reunion on the Pawcatuck CT River. My uncle has a house right on the river so I was able to dock her right out back. The Pawcatuck is Brackish at high tide, fresh at low, so the return runs were in fresh water, which flushes the motor nice. When I got home I washed down every square inch of her inside and out. But, yeah, the first set of pictures tied up at the beach are as salty as it gets.

The Merc ran good, but not great, so a few things to sort out there. And this boat could really use a trim set up. Without it she's limited. One more pin up (tilt up) is too much and the prop cuts loose, one more down and she plows. Going to work that in this winter.

I had 6 and 7 people in her riding to the beach and back in 3 and 4 footers and I was very pleased with how she handled the wake and
wave. Nice an solid, and that deep V is awesome at slicing through. She exceeded my expectations!

Last edited by thegammas on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Looks great!

Andreas