about 1963 boat show picture

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

LancerBoy

about 1963 boat show picture

Post by LancerBoy »

Here is a picture of a circa 1963 boat show. Probably in the Midwest. Can you ID any of the boats? The SunFish sailboat is easy. The boat nearest the camera on the bottom of the picture of a wooden lapstrake T & T Boats, Inc. of Wausaukee, Wisc. Are those some Cruisers, Inc. boats left of center?

This came from the archive of the former WesCraft Boat firm from Kansas. I am sorting it and scanning it at the present time.

Andreas
txcaptdan

Post by txcaptdan »

The bow sticking out from the sail boat mast looks like my Cruisers 202, thats a pair of Johnsons just below.
I have several boat show shots from Fort Worth in the late 50s, I will post.
Great Job Andreas!
Dan Stober
1965 20' Cruisers Inc. 570 Seacamper
1962 20' Cruisers Inc. 502
1963 16' Cruisers Inc. 202 Seafarer
Weatherford, Texas
txcaptdan

Post by txcaptdan »

Here are some shots from Fort Worth, TX Boat shows. Not sure of year but from Marion Herring Boat Dealer in FW He was a Chris Craft Dealer.

This family company had a huge impact on this area, they were involved in early hydroplane racing and populated Eagle Mountan Lake with Wooden Chris Crafts and boats of their own design. Thanks to Trey Herring for saving and sharing.
Dan Stober
1965 20' Cruisers Inc. 570 Seacamper
1962 20' Cruisers Inc. 502
1963 16' Cruisers Inc. 202 Seafarer
Weatherford, Texas
W Guy

Post by W Guy »

WOW, are these pictures cool!!! :wink: I went to a few boat shows at the (then) NY Collisium with my Dad in the early '60s. I wish I had taken my Brownie StarMite with me. :roll: