Bow flag/burgee

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

larryejoh

Bow flag/burgee

Post by larryejoh »

Does any one know a source for a Thompson burgee with the sea gull logo? I contacted one source on Ebay and they said it was trade marked now by the Thompson Antique & Classic Boat Rally Inc and they could no longer produce it.

Larry
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

It is true that the "Thompson" logo with the bird thru the T is a registered trademark of the Thompson Antique & Classic Boat Rally, Inc. And it will be protected from improper use.

Dorothy K. was making the pennants (not burgess) but stopped a few years ago. There have been some false starts with someone taking over with proper authorization for use of the trademarked logo.

Andreas Jordahl Rhude
President
Thomspon Antique & Classic Boat Rally, Inc.
Dreamer

Post by Dreamer »

Not exactly what you are asking about but I stored this in my computer for future use. Maybe an alternative. http://vintageboatsupply.com/Flags/Thompson_flag.html
Larry B
The difference between a professional and an amateur is the Professional knows how to cover his mistakes, the amateur gets another board.
Bill Dunn

Post by Bill Dunn »

I bought one from here a year and a half ago. It seemed very well made at first but after two weekends on the water it started to fray on the end and the printing started peeling right off. I contacted the company and they were very surprised. I sent the flag to them and they thought that maybe they had a bad batch of cloth or there was something on the cloth that prevented the lettering from sticking. They were more than happy to send me a new one and wanted to know if I had more problems.
The new flag has quite a few miles on it and is still in good shape. They wanted to make sure that I was satisfied, and I would definatly buy from them again. It is just too bad they don't have permision to put the seagull on the logo.
Bill Dunn
All Dunn ll
'59 Sea Lancer