Source of lettering for boat names

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Source of lettering for boat names

Post by thegammas »

I am looking for a source of lettering for putting a name on my boat. I finally, after 4 years, found a name I like (I was calling it driftwood, but never liked it enough to paint it one the boat). New name will be Jann's Patience (Jann would be my wife).

Rather than paint it on, or use unattractive block letters, I'd like a nice script font. And I'd prefer to be able to order it, peel and stick it on. Any one have a good source?
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

thegammas,

Go to oneof the search sites on the web and search for "Vinyl letting for boats" quite a few to chose from.

I had some made for my sailboat and if I remember right I ordered them through Boat US website at the time. It was a script lettering about 12" in height for the Caps and around 6" for the lower case. Was very easy to install and has lasted for many years with minimal fade, if any. They had many fonts and vinyl colors to pick from.

Good Luck,

Phill
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

Thanks!
Pete
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
Bill Dunn

Post by Bill Dunn »

You might want to check with any custom sign shop or truck lettering shop. Ours locally specializes in boat numbers and names. They have alot of different styles and sizes to pick from. I had the numbers made there two years ago and they still look like new. They are vinyl and they were already lined up on a backing paper. I just pealed off the backing in one piece, put it on the boat, then pealed off the front paper and it looks great. I am going to get they name put on this spring.

Bill Dunn
All Dunn II
All Dunn ll
'59 Sea Lancer