How many '58 models for Cruisers Inc.

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

JALL

How many '58 models for Cruisers Inc.

Post by JALL »

In 1958 how many 16 1/2 ft models did Cruisers Inc. offer. Can someone give me an educated guess what the width of these 16-17 ft boats was. Might have to put one in my garage, before the end of the week.Thank You
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

JALL,

From what I could find in their 1958 price list they had three models in the 15'-9-1/2" length with a gunwall length of 16'-8". These all had a 71 width amid ships. The models where the Seafarer series with the Runabout #200 & Sportster #202 and the Holiday series #250.

From there they went up to the 17'-0" length with a gunwale length of 18'-5". WIdth amid ships was 81" that is the Commander models #300 & 302.

Hope that gives you what you are looking for.

Good Luck,

Phill
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

If you are not aware, the brochures for Cruisers, Inc. and the various Thompson Boat firms are available for purchase on CD-ROM at www.wcha.org and www.dragonflycanoe.com

The dimensions given above by Phill are the same for the 1959 model year boats.

Andreas
JALL

CD-ROM

Post by JALL »

Is a CD-ROM a disc I can load into my computer and view on the monitor? I'm computer illiterate or very close. Thanks Jim
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

Jim,

Yes it is viewable on your computer. They have either individual CD's for Thompson or you can purchase the series of discs which cover most all the different manufacturers of wood boats and canoes.
I purchased the set of all of them when they first came out many years ago and they have proved to be of great help in identifying Thomspon as well as other boat makers boats.

Good Luck,

Phill
JALL

1957 Cruisers Inc CD-ROM

Post by JALL »

The way I read it, the '57 Cruisers Inc is not on the CD-ROM Thompson Bros Catalog. Has anyone seen the CD? The '56 and '58 are on it but not the '57, can someone check it out for me? THANK YOU
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

My 2002 version of the CD-ROM has the 1957 Cruisers, Inc. brochure upon it. Therefore it will also be on any new one burned and sold.

If in doubt, ask the seller.

Andreas