Interesting reading

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

THE LAKE

Interesting reading

Post by THE LAKE »

I asked for and recieved a copy of Jerry Conrad's "Chris-Craft , The Essential Guide" for Christmas. This book lists every known hull ever built by Chris-Craft. Amazing to learn that they had built aluminum hull boats, the largest of which were three 74 footers built in 1977. Two of one model and one of another. I can't help but wonder if any of these three boats is still in existence. Seems like they had to have been built for either a top CC officer or somebody with some real juice. Andreas - -anyone else - - any insider info to share ?

Brian
I'd have a boat and a Harley even if there were no water or roads in the world.
89 MACH I MV1900CC
62 Cruiser's Inc 302V Commander (under restoration) 67 Johnson 100hp Golden Meteor (running like new)
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Aluminum CC's may have been made at the Roamer divison in Holland, MI. CC purchased Roamer Boats in the late 1950s and they made aluminum and steel hulled cabin cruisers. CC continued to do so.

The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club forum may be an appropriate place to inquire: www.chris-craft.org

Andreas
THE LAKE

Post by THE LAKE »

Yes you are correct Andreas. The guide lists which division built each particular model and the aluminum hulls are all listed under the Roamer division. Speaking of guidebooks, you must be close to being able to write such a book on Thompson's operations with the wealth of knowledge you possess,

Brian
89 MACH I MV1900CC
62 Cruiser's Inc 302V Commander (under restoration) 67 Johnson 100hp Golden Meteor (running like new)
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

I have 100 or so pages written in very rough draft format. I haven't touched it in several years.

Andreas
THE LAKE

Post by THE LAKE »

LancerBoy wrote:I have 100 or so pages written in very rough draft format. I haven't touched it in several years.

Andreas
Andreas
I write a column for a weekly paper in Maine. When I took on the assignment, I had an agreement with the editor (I thought) as to how the column would develop. That agreement was based on an outline I had done that I gave a lot of thought to the flow of the column. The column got derailed during the political season and then again during the holidays. I have a column due this coming Monday and have been idle for so long I find it hard to get going again. One thing I did that will save me, I hope is that I wrote an outline when I started, I have basically an index for several years worth of columns that I laid out like you'd see the table of contents in a book. I mention all this because perhaps if you look at the project in toto, figure out how you see it in finished form and write an outline, you will get the writing juices flowing again. In any event, good luck and I hope all of us on the site get to buy and read your book some day.

Brian
89 MACH I MV1900CC