Installing a Stereo

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Dan Wolf

Installing a Stereo

Post by Dan Wolf »

Hey its been a while and I have a question. I would like to install a stereo on my "61 Sea Coaster. I know I want to mount the receiver up under the bow but whats the best placement for the 2 speakers. I'm not cutting any holes in the seats. I thought about pointing them to the front off the transom. Any Ideas...Dan
Bill Dunn

Post by Bill Dunn »

How about up under the deck. That way they would be protected and you could hear them better over any motor noise.
Bill
All Dunn ll
'59 Sea Lancer
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

just install them without cutting any of the original boat or making any adjustments to the original. Make 'em removeable so that no one will ever know they were in the boat

andreas
Dan Wolf

Post by Dan Wolf »

Yeah I am in favor of both ideas. Its funny, if it was fiberglass I know exactly where i'd put them. I protect my wood boat as much as possible...
THE LAKE

Post by THE LAKE »

LancerBoy wrote:just install them without cutting any of the original boat or making any adjustments to the original. Make 'em removeable so that no one will ever know they were in the boat

andreas
Thankfully the guy I bought my Cruiser's from was either lazy or in a big hurry. He tacked a board from one frame to another under the forward deck and cut holes for the stereo receiver/amp and speakers in it. Couple screws on either side, disconnected the wires and the POS is gone with no sign of having ever been there. Did I mention that I dislike the idea of adding junk to nice old boats ?

Brian
I'd have a boat and a Harley even if there were no water or roads in the world.
89 MACH I MV1900CC
62 Cruiser's Inc 302V Commander (under restoration) 67 Johnson 100hp Golden Meteor (running like new)