'57 Cruisers Inc bow flag

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

JALL

'57 Cruisers Inc bow flag

Post by JALL »

Does anybody know where I can get a look at what a bow flag looked like on a 1957 Cruisers Inc boat? THANKS
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

I have a few Cruisers, Inc. bow pennants. I don't know if they are from the 1950s or 1960s. They are packed away in boxes due to my recent move. Who knows when I will get to them again.

They are blue fabric with white printing.

Dorothy Kausler was making reproductions a few years ago. She is no longer doing this type of work.

Andreas
JALL

Post by JALL »

Thanks Andreas. I've contacted THE FLAG CHICK and she can make one for me I just don't know what the originals looked like. She probably has a better idea than I do. THANKS AGAIN
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

I was sorting boxes today and found the Cruisers, Inc. pennants.

In the photo below, the ORIGINAL pennants are on top and the reproductions made a few years ago by Dorothy Kausler are below. There are some subtle differences. Not that it matters, she is no longer doing this type of work.

The originals were made by Nelson A. Taylor Co., Inc. of Gloversville, NY.

Mary Hermanson is now making "Thompson" pennants and she will have them at the Thompson Boat Rally in June 2011. I don't know if she has even thought about making 'em for Cruisers, Inc.

Andreas

JALL

Post by JALL »

THANK YOU
peteburrs

Post by peteburrs »

Were you able to find someone to make you a Cruisers Inc flag? I am in need of one also for a 1959.
Pete Burrs
Lake Dubay, WI
1959 Cruiser Holiday 250
JALL

Cruiser Flag

Post by JALL »

Pamela Reader theflagchick@hotmail.com
Similar to the flag on the right above but no boat or white background behind the C in Cruisers,Inc. She's in Canada no problems at all.
W Guy

Post by W Guy »

Andreas,
Could you provide contact information for Mary Hermanson please? I recently scored the correct burgee pole for my Attwood bow light, so now I need the flag for my '60 Sea Coaster.

thanks
Verne
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

W Guy,

Mary's email address is: maryhermanson@hotmail.com
She has the Thompson burgee's in red and blue. I think they go for around $25.00 or $30.00 each.
Good Luck,

Phill
T Ross

Post by T Ross »

Hi all,

Thanks for the contacts regarding pennant flags! As you can see in my photo, i am in need of a replacement. I have one question, my burgee pole fits quite loose in its socket. As you can see in my photo, there is a groove in the bottom of the pole for some sort of "O" ring. Any ideas of what this is supposed to be?

Thank You

/Users/tom/Desktop/P2110320.JPG
Tom