Thompson wins prestigious award!

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

a j r

Thompson wins prestigious award!

Post by a j r »

I can't believe it but my 1957 Thompson (Peshtigo) Sea Lancer won the "Best Preserved Most Original" award at the 31st annual Bob Speltz Lake Minnetonka Antique & Classic Boat Rendezvous! www.acbs-bslol.com

I guess I had never thought of that particular boat as being "original." But after some thought I suppose she is. She has all her original wood except the outer keel and covering boards, all original finishes, and hardware...

It was a surprise to me!

Andreas
todddressler

Post by todddressler »

Congrats...Nice old boat. Thanks for your time at the show.

Todd Dressler
Todd Dressler
Rapid City, SD
JRPfeff

Post by JRPfeff »

Andreas,

Do you mean this boat?
Well deserved award. I love that boat.

Jim

p.s. Did the ChrisCraft crowd let you sit at their table after you won the award?
a j r

Post by a j r »

Yup - that's the boat. She's my user boat so she has dings and scratches and peeling paint and dull varnish. She needs a complete strip and refinish job. Maybe this winter. The great thing is that this boat does not leak a drop!

I get the respect I and the boat deserve with this particular group. I have proven myself to them! Now, if it was a Lyman - forget about it! Thompson rules while Lyman drools!!! :)

Andreas
a j r

Post by a j r »

Hey Jim, I'll be in Pewaukee on Sunday 15 October. I am the guest speaker at the meeting of he Glacial Lakes ACBS chapter that evening. My talk will be on "Wisconsin Pleasure Boat Builders of the 20th Century."

Andreas