New Arrival

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Barry

New Arrival

Post by Barry »

Just picked her up this week. A lot to do this winter!! PS, tested and both motors run beautifully.

LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Welcome aboard!

Nice rig. What is she? Looks like a Peshtigo built Thompson Sea Coaster Deluxe. What year? What is the hull ID and what is the serial number (they are different)?

Andreas
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

Barry,

I agree with Andreas, it looks like a really nice rig and in fairly good shape.

Keep us posted on you progress.

Good Luck,

Phill
59Thompson

Post by 59Thompson »

Barry, Congratulations she looks good and with two working motors and a top in good shape you are saving a bunch. You will find a plethora of good information here and everyone is very helpful. We went to the show in Marinette this summer and Andreas and crew provided a great learning opportunity for many of the details and how-to's on these great boats. Good to see the bunk style trailer and that the transom/motors are supported by the bunks. If you will be trailering much you might want to bolt a pair of eyes through the transom for holding the rear tie down straps, the small cleats are usually just screwed in and made of light metal that can snap easily. Welcome to a lot of history and fun. I have an original 1962 Johnson 40HP owners manual I can scan and email you if you send me an email address. Regards, John
Barry

Post by Barry »

The boat is a Thompson Brothers of Peshtigo Wisconsin. It's a 16.5 foot Sea Coaster Deluxe built in 1963. Serial number is 24164 and I have searched high and low on the transom and elsewhere but have not been able to locate the hull number. I sure appreciate the offers of advice and I will keep you all up to date.

Barry

Post by Barry »

59Thompson wrote:Barry, Congratulations she looks good and with two working motors and a top in good shape you are saving a bunch. You will find a plethora of good information here and everyone is very helpful. We went to the show in Marinette this summer and Andreas and crew provided a great learning opportunity for many of the details and how-to's on these great boats. Good to see the bunk style trailer and that the transom/motors are supported by the bunks. If you will be trailering much you might want to bolt a pair of eyes through the transom for holding the rear tie down straps, the small cleats are usually just screwed in and made of light metal that can snap easily. Welcome to a lot of history and fun. I have an original 1962 Johnson 40HP owners manual I can scan and email you if you send me an email address. Regards, John
Thanks for the tips John. Speaking of the trailer bunks, do you think they are spaced properly or should they be closer together? I would certainly appreciate a copy of the manual and will PM my e-mail address.
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

Barry,

The number is usually stamped on the inside of the starboard side of the transom. Letters and numbers are generally about 3/8" in heght. Sometime they are upside down and may be hidden under a cross member or brace on the lapstake boats. If you do any work removing splash tray, etc on the transom you should find it, unless transom was replaced by formore owner.

Good Luck,

Phill