Considering a Penn Yan

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Torchie

Post by Torchie »

And if you get it I would still keep them both :lol:
Karl.
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

The keel looked fine from the inside - no warp (that I could see) no cracks.
I'll watch the price and let that make the call
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

Well, I bid on her, but did not win. I even when past my max bid by $300. Selling price was $1800.

I am both disappointed and relieved. Disappointed because she is really and truly rot free inside and complete, and will refinish beautifully. Relieved because that bottom is a big unknown with the spot hogs (It occurs to me now that the bottom may have been glassed over based on some things I saw).

If I put the effort I would have had to put into her into the Thompson, I have a really kick boat!
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware
W Guy

Post by W Guy »

Sorry you missed it Peter. But on the positive side, nobody needs TWO projects at the same time. I keep an eye on boats like that on ebay and craigslist all the time, just to see what they're bringing. It seems most sellers are looking for $4-6000. but the ones that sell usually all go for less than $2500.
Your Cortland boat is a fine vessel. Enjoy it!

Verne :D
thegammas

Post by thegammas »

She is indeed a fine boat. Looking forward to the winter project of building new seats!
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware