fun pictures of your boats

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

johnthompson

Re: fun pictures of your boats

Post by johnthompson »

Rescue Thom on Table Rock Lake this past summer. 1953 Super Deluxe with a 1966 40 hp Lark Evinrude. Name comes from this boat originally being in service on the Great Miami River for a search and rescue squad.
Attachments
rescuethom2012b.jpg
rescuethom2012b.jpg (83.02 KiB) Viewed 27734 times
John Thompson
johnthompson

Post by johnthompson »

Big Thom on the ACBS Ohio River Cruise in 2011. Big Thom is a 1963 18' Super Lancer with a 1969 125 HP Mercury. This boat has been trailered thousands of miles, completed trips on the Mississippi, St. Croix, Menominee, Illinois, Cumberland, Tennessee, Ohio Rivers, Florida's St. John's River, and numerous lakes from Lake Michigan, and the Muskoka Lakes in Canada to its home Table Rock Lake--- where we run her each winter. The last cruise was just a couple of weeks ago. Table Rock Lake near Branson, Missouri never freezes making "warmer" winter days a great day for cruising in Big Thom which as a camper edition has full canvas and side curtains.
Attachments
Big Thom.jpg
Big Thom.jpg (202.43 KiB) Viewed 27733 times
John Thompson
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

My 1962 Custom Sea Lancer, Cortland built. Late season 2012 cruise on the Elk river just a mile or two from the Chesapeake Bay

A veeeery expensive solution to protect the PTT solenoids from rain, spalsh, and moisture. Yes, that is upside down tupper ware. Lid screwed to the transom knee, tub snaps in place (vent and drain holes just case). Maybe some day a nice Mahogany piece.....

Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
W Guy

Post by W Guy »

Peter, every time I see your boat it looks better!

Verne
Portside

Post by Portside »

My 1962 T&T Breakers purchased two years ago. Last years photos and still working on her. (My wife asks; "Do you ever finish working on these boats?") Will bring her (both of them) to the rally this June.

LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

I LOVE boats by T & T Boats, Inc.!

Here is a boat in a snow storm in Minneapolis!! 1965 T & T 18 ft. Breakers:
Andreas
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Another beautiful T & T. A 1964 Breakers 18 footer. That's my grandpa Jordy, family friend John Lamont and my brother Thomas. Late 1960s.

My father bought this boat and another one (both were not finished) at the liquidation auction at T & T in Wausaukee in may 1965 for $300. He used parts and pieces from one to make one complete boat. She still is part of the Rhude family!
Andreas
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Here is the same boat, my family's, at the Thompson Boat Rally a few years ago.
Andreas
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Here is a T & T cabin cruiser under construction at the T & T factory in Wausaukee in 1964. The guy standing on the floor is general manager Alvin Tonn.
Andreas
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

A T & T boat on the side of the highway. On highway 141 just north of where 22 crosses it in Wisconsin. The hull was mushed into the trailer. I should have rescued some of the hardware. The boat was gone the next time I drove past.
Andreas
Portside

Post by Portside »

Great photos of the T&T's...wow!
Love my T&T boat and seems well built. I have made some changes from the original... most notably the floor and seats.
Compared to the keelson structure of the Seacoaster I saw, the T&T seems far superior.
I really like your mahogany spray rail. Is that original?

Do you know where I can get these style nail-on plastic labels?

LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

I would have to look thru the brochures to see if the spray rail was supposed to be painted or stained and varnished. The brochures can be purchased on a CD-ROM from www.wcha.org

Those plastic nail or scew on labels are difficult to find. I got a bunch a few years ago from an old time boat supply house here in Mpls. They jokingly said I should buy the entire display and stock of labels. I laughed and said no. Should have done it. A year later I went back and the display was gone. The guy said he thought it was tossed into the trash along with whatever labels were still in the display. Blerg...

Watch eBay auctions for those labels. OLD marine dealers should be checked.

Andreas
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

This is a 1964 T & T Ripple 15 footer. Was sold at an auction a few years ago. Pretty much original, unmolested condition.
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Cover of the 1964 T & T Boats, Inc. brochure:
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

Pirtside,

You can try a place that handles award trophys. They make up the plastic plates for trophys, not sure how much they would cost, they will make almost any size you want. Also you can try Kendor Marine in Franklin, WI they have a lot of the old stuff as this is what their specialty is old obsolete boat hardware and marine items. See their webiste for more info www.kendormarine.com.

Good Luck,

Phill