good grief - not again

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

LancerBoy

good grief - not again

Post by LancerBoy »

I can't help it ma, it followed me home. Not again! Yup, you betcha.

Another Thompson Bros. of Peshtigo 18 ft. Off-Shore. The paperwork says 1958. I think it may be earlier. Cannot find a hull ID. It followed me home last week.

Not bad looking from the outside, but pull up the floorboards and yuck...mouse nest heaven and some really poorly done "repairs" by a previous owner. Also full of leaves and sticks. It is very restorable, however. She came with a 1960 Evinrude 75 HP outboard motor.

I spent many hours on Sunday cleaning her up and trying to get rid of mice and junk and stink. Think I sucked up a live mouse with the shop vac!

Oh, that's my new shed in the background.

Andreas

Pretty nice convertable top too:

Under floor boards. Nice construction lumber and a bunch of wierd shims:
Last edited by LancerBoy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

Andeas,

If you keep lettingn these things follow you home all the time you are going to have to build another building to house them all.

Look like a nice project. Keep us posted on your progress.

Good Luck,

Phill
W Guy

Post by W Guy »

It's a wonderful sickness!! :lol:
vernonfarmer

Post by vernonfarmer »

Nice find, Andreas! Looks like someone was trying to level the floor?
T Ross

Re: good grief - not again

Post by T Ross »

Hi Andreas,

Just looking at the photo's of your "new" boat. Makes me want to go looking.. ha ha. I have the same trailer for my 18' 1963 Cruisers. I did not think it was original, as I had not seen it before. What do you think of the limited support at the bow? I had been thinking about improving but was not sure if it is needed. Received your mailing today for the 2013 rally, hoping to make it this year.

Tom R
W Guy

Post by W Guy »

Good for you Andreas! Another one will be saved in your hands. How about some photos of the dash and the motor?

Verne :)
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

I have no clue how old the trailer is under this boat. It has very typical supports for a boat such as this. I suppose additonal bunks forward would be a good idea. I obtained this boat, motor and trailer 10 months ago. Nothing has been done other than getting rid of all the shit inside and cleaning her. She's snug inside my boat house. The motor is a 1960 Evinrude Starflite 75 HP. The more I look at things I beleive this boat is either 1956 or 1957 model year. There is NO hull ID stamped into the transom OR it is under the motor well framing that attaches to the transom.

The dashboard is pretty much the same as in my 1957 Sea Lancer.

Andreas