Windshield frame upper center and corner brackets

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

60thompson

Windshield frame upper center and corner brackets

Post by 60thompson »

Does anyone know where I can get the metal windshield brackets that go in the upper center and corners of the windshield frame. I have a 1960 Sea Lancer and I would like to add these brackets to reinforce the windshield frame. I have seen them on other Sea Lancers and I'm sure they were installed by the factory. For some reason mine never got them.

Thanks in advance
W Guy

Post by W Guy »

Welcome to the site! Here's a photo of my original '60 Sea Coaster which doesn't have the metal brackets. All the varnish is original so I know the brackets were never there from new.
Verne :)

Perhaps they were only used on windshields with the opening windows (which mine doesn't have)??
Torchie

Post by Torchie »

Damn Verne, Love that steering wheel.
Looks like it belongs in my 60 Chevy Belair custom.
Karl.
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

The reason they are not on your 1960 boat is that they were not part of the construction at that time on boats made by Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co. of Peshtigo, WI.

They started using those metal reinforcing brackets on 1961 or 1962 models.

If you want to add some, you will either:

1. have to find an old windshield to cannabilize
2. have new ones made (maybe borrow some to use as patterns from some other boat owner??)

Andreas
60thompson

Post by 60thompson »

Thanks for the replies everyone. Nothing is ever easy!!! Not having them doesn't keep me awake at night so I guess I'll wait and see if I hear from anyone who may have a spare set. I know, not very likely.

Thanks anyway folks,

Paul C.