Andreas' Concrete Pouring party

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

LancerBoy

Andreas' Concrete Pouring party

Post by LancerBoy »

ha ha. I'm having a CONCRETE POURING PARTY on Saturday 27 October 2012. Getting floor poured in my new boat shed/workshop. Concrete has been ordered (7 yards).

If anyone wants to swing by and lend a hand, it will be appreciated!!! This is back breaking work! We pour into wheel barrows which get wheeled into postion and dumped and then we level the soup...

I'm 20 miles due west of Minneapolis, MN.

Redimix truck arrives at 10:00 AM.

Beverages and snacks provided throughout the day. Pizza served at noon.

Mr. Andreas Jordahl Rhude
thompsonboat@msn.com
PeterZ

Post by PeterZ »

Andreas

Cool building from outside. Sorry I am not closer to help (new York). I have been thinking about a shop like this for a ling time. Was wondering what the layout is like you plan inside. Like to hear others ideas. All open, walled off, dedicated shop space, heated, radiant floor heat ?? What about a boat lift to lift and flip boats, would like your idea on that one.

Best of luck.

Peter
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Party yesterday was a success. I now have a floor! Needs to cure for a week or so before I can do anything however.

The building is 34' x 70' x 12' eave height. Right now it is just one big open, uninsulated and unheated room. I have one electrical outlet thus far. No lights. Eventually I will particition 30' of the length and turn that space into a heated shop (left end in the photo). That will entail faming for ceiling and walls and insulating, wiring and sheathing. I will use wood sheathing - probably plywood. I don't want sheet rock, it gets beat up easily.

Heat will be some type of propane fired furnace or maybe the radiant tube heater things that hang from the ceiling. I will not have in floor radiant heat. I will also have some type of wood burning stove for supplementary heat.

I am planning on a steel I-beam for a gantry type crane - in line with the 12' wide x 10' high overhead door. I need a minium W8 x 21 for a two point, 1,000 pound lifting capacity. I have 14" clearance between header at top of garage door and underside of ceiling. I have not found an affordable I-beam yet.

I currently have a rolling gantry crane. Not high enuff and not a great capacity. But it does come in handy. You can see this on the right side of the photo near the junky blue fiberglass Span boat.

I'm out of money, so any progress on the shop build-out must wait.

Cheerio!

Andreas