this one looks worthwhile....

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

this one looks worthwhile....

Post by thegammas »

Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
LancerBoy

Re: this one looks worthwhile....

Post by LancerBoy »

remember, you are not allowed to place ads on this website forum. even links to ads for something you are not selling.

Andreas
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

apologies Andreas - I should have been much more explicit - I am looking for a smaller boat and am interested in this one. I'm seeking opinions on it (as much is as possible from the pics). It's about a 12 hour ride from my place.....
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

In the ad, what does "boat is 95%" indicate? 95% what?

She does appear to be a nice boat.

Andreas
thegammas

Post by thegammas »

I suspect he means 95% orignal. But who knows - I sent him some questions but have not heard back. Something about it captured my attention. I think becuase it reminds me of a boat from my past that i used to play in as a kid.
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware
Sheil Kottkamp

Post by Sheil Kottkamp »

By the pics it appears to be a solid boat. I like the Thompson cedar boats, the one pictured has the long deck, good looking. If I was entertaining the purchase of this boat I would inquire about any known fiberglassing or soft spots, i.e., wood rot. I have a 1954 TVT model, a 12 footer. Here's a pic. I also purchased this on e-Bay, it also was re-painted numerous times by previous owner(s). These TVT's are a joy to operate, its my favorite boat.

Rookie
thegammas

Post by thegammas »

Wow, that is a great looking boat!

I was considering a second, smaller boat. This one fits the bill yust right. Was also considering a small sailboat as well (meaning one or the other).
I have a 15hp early 60's evinrude that I am planning to rebuild some day if I had a boat to put it on (pulled it off a pile of engines at a scrap yard).
January is compensation month for me so if it's a good one, I might make the effort to go look it (12 hours one way)
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware