Maryland & Virginia visit

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

a j r

Maryland & Virginia visit

Post by a j r »

I will be heading to Newport News, Virginia and Annapolis, Maryland the week of 16 October. I will be at the Mariners Museum in Newport News and am picking up a Thompson woody in Annapolis to pull back to Minneapolis.

Any "boaty" things to do in the general area? Any other "stuff" that I shouldn't miss (historic Jamestown, Yorktown battle site, etc...)? Anyone in the area wanna get together and talk boats?

Andreas
a j r

Post by a j r »

I made it back safely with the '61 Thompson (Peshtigo) Sea Lancer today (Sunday the 22nd) from Annapolis, MD. Had to stop in Cincinnati, OH and get new bearings on the trailer wheels (plus one new hub). Also had a flat tire (one of the brand new ones just put on!) at Pittsburgh. And had a shock absorber on the trailer (not original - someone added it) break off and drag on the freeway on the Kennedy in Chicago last night (raining to boot!). It must have been sparking a lot as a number of cars came up besides me and were pointing. A quick stop on the near north side and some bungy chords got it off the bground. Trailer and boat seemed to ride fine without the shock, so off I went!

The Alegahney Mountains (Adirondacks??) made for a slow climb in Pennsylvania but I was surprised at how well my little Dodge Dakota (6 cyl) did.

1,221 miles from Annapolis to my house in Minneapolis!

Andreas