1931/32 Thompson

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

RFiliau771

1931/32 Thompson

Post by RFiliau771 »

I think I have just picked up what I believe to be a 1931 or 1932 Thompson Sea Model outboard. Its 16' in length (15'+ OAL down the middle). At least from the pictures in the catalogs that's what I think it is. I was looking for a late 40's to early 50's 16' TVT and thought I might have had it until I saw it close up. There are no markings that I can find on it, so I am strictly going by the catalog pictures.
The boat's bottom (ribs, keel and keelson) are extremely rotted. I was going to strip off the hardware, cut it up, and bring it to the dump. But I'm having a hard time doing that because of how old I think it is. If anybody is interested in trying to save this one, please email me back and let me know. I've only got $20 into it. So if somebody wants it free, I keep the hardware. If you give me the $20 its all yours. Not trying to make any money on it. I'm in central NH and your best bet is to come with a flat bed. We had to put plywood between the boat trailer and the boat to keep from losing any more of the bottom. The sides and deck are all there and are most likely savable. I can send you a link with some pictures from eBay from where I bought it. Let me know.
Thanks,
Rick