Does anyone have any Step-pads in good condition?

If none of the above categories fit your question or comment, post it here!

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

John Hart

Does anyone have any Step-pads in good condition?

Post by John Hart »

I had passed up some step pads on Ebay a year or so ago that I think were in like new condition. I did so, because my boat did not come with them, and I was a stickler to not add anything that wasn't original.

However, since that time, I can see that they would be very useful, and since they COULD have been there in 1960, it would be a good idea to install a pair.

If anyone has a tip on where these would have been installed on a 1960 Seacoaster, I would appreciate it. (like x inches along gunwhale from bow)...

Also, if anyone knows of someone with these types of accessories, I am interested in a source.. Otherwise, I will just keep my eyes peeled on Ebay.

Thanks...

John Hart

Thanks.
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

step pads

Post by thegammas »

Hey John - I have a 1962 Custom Sea Lancer. The forward edge of the step pads are located 26 inches from the stern. The pad itself is 9 inched or so. I've only onwed the boat a few weeks, and it's my first boat. But I can assume that having those pads in place will keep at least a few folsk from falling off of (or into) the boat when those varnished gunwales are wet.

For a quick picture, go to http://home.comcast.net/~gammasjunk/wsb/index.html
use a user id of wsb and a password of MercsRule to see a picture. Look under the highlights link. Sorry, but it's not a great shot - poor light in the garage.

Pete
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
a j r

Post by a j r »

Should make certain everyone knows that Peter's (thegammas) boat is one made by Thompson Boat Company of New York,. Inc. and NOT by Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co. That might make a big difference as to the type and location of the step pads.

John's boat is made by Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co.

Thanks for the input Peter.

Andreas
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Thompson Step pads

Post by thegammas »

An excellent point - I'll be getting a CD-Rom of the brochures - If it shows your boat with steps pads, I'll send you a picture if I can.
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware
a j r

Post by a j r »

Step pads typically were an option from the factory.

For the 1962 model year Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co. of Peshtigo offered 2" x 8" "Thompson" step pads for $3.50 per pair and $4.00 for the 3" x 10" "Thompson" step pads. Would love to have a box of 'em!

Andreas
John Hart

Post by John Hart »

Thanks for the clarification Andreas... I wasn't thinking of the potential difference between the various Thompson steppads...

I will keep looking on Ebay over the winter, and perhaps look back through our forums, to see if I can find someone who had a 1960 parts boat from Peshtigo ..

Thanks also Peter for your willingness to send photos.. I do have the disk with the catelogs, and also several original hardcopy catelogs from that time period, so I am ok for visual placement....

Thanks again...

John Hart.
thegammas

step pads - catalogs

Post by thegammas »

by chance does your catalog show the Customer Sea lancer from the Cortland factory, and if so, any good pictures of the interior? I will be getting some cat's on CD-Rom from dragonflyconoe (i think that's the name) and if yours came from there, i'd be interested in how complete are they? hows the quality of the pics?

Fear not Andreas, eventually I'll get over the whole interior thing :wink:
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware
John Hart

Post by John Hart »

There are some catalogs from Thompson of NY on the CD... looks like the 16' 9" Sea Lancer is in there for 1959... 17'2" for 1960..

I can say that the CD itself is really great... not only does it cover a whole lot of years, but the pictures are very clear and bright. I have printed several of them on a regular color PC printer, and those prints look nice as well....

You will be happy with the CD.

John.
thegammas

Post by thegammas »

Excellent - thanks for the feedback - cant wait to get them
Peter Stransky
Wilmington, Delaware