serial plate and link

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

serial plate and link

Post by thegammas »

My brother lives out in California sent me this link to tease my 'project sweet tooth'. The serial number appears to be 18414. Not very clear in the pic, but zoomed I think thats the numbers.

The 1841st boat in 1964?

here is the link....
http://bend.craigslist.org/boa/5028953514.html
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware
LancerBoy

Re: serial plate and link

Post by LancerBoy »

The Serial No. on that Peshtigo built Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co. looks like 18414 = 1960 model year boat.

There is no way to decipher the Serial No. But I compared it to other known Serial Numbers in my database. Having the HULL ID stamped into the wood of the transom can give the model year. It is different than the Serial No.

Is the hull twisted? or is that an optical illusion of the photo?

Andreas
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

I just obtained Peshtigo built Thompson Bros. Boat Mfg. Co. with SERIAL NO. 18699 and HULL ID 0----- B which is a 1960 model year boat. Sea Lancer in this case as determined by dimensions and interior configuration.

Cortland built boats had a completely different ID system.

Andreas
thegammas
Location: Wilmington, Delaware. peterstransky@verizon.net - put wooden boat in the subject

Post by thegammas »

Thanks Andreas....

sadly that is an actual twist. Also if you look at the picture with it on the trailer, the bunks appear to fall way short. She's alot of work I suspect
Peter Stransky
1962 Cortland Custom Sea Lancer
Wilmington, Delaware