The same 65' Offshore

You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

PeterZ

The same 65' Offshore

Post by PeterZ »

Andreas

I finally found the serial number plate on the recently purchased boat.
Again, it a 20' 1" long centerline, 8' beam, 65' Offshore (I am pretty sure) from Peshtigo.

The nubmer stamped in the hull wood is: V50890 (but hard to tell if the 5 is a 5 or 6).

The metal name plate says:
Thompson Bros.
Boat Mfg Co.
Peshtigo, WI
Serial #27180

Any inputs would be great. As I recall, some model number was written under the padded dash by hand with what looks like a sharpie, but now I forget the number, but I want to say the number is 2010, is that perhaps the model number?

Thanks for any insight!!
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Well, I have this boat in my database already. Must have been registered to me by the previous owner (George H.). I have her as a 1965 Off-Shore. The hull ID I have written down is "V 50898"

In any event, the serial number falls within the 1965 year range. And the hull ID with first number "5" indicates 1965 model year. The "0898" is the 898th boat of all models made that year or if it's "0890" it is the 890th boat of all models made that year. The letter "V" is a code for the guy in the factory that was in chrage of building this boat.

In the Off-Shore series in 1965 they had models: 2000; 2050 (deluxe); 2090 (cabin cruiser - your boat is NOT a cabin cruiser). Yours is the model 2000 with front bench seat with storage cabinets built into the back rests. 2050 had back-to-back fold down seats.

I have a 1963 Off-Shore Deluxe (back-to-back fold down seats) sitting here at my house. It is a stern drive with Interceptor outdrive and Chrysler slant six engine.

Andreas
PeterZ

Post by PeterZ »

Thanks Andreas

I bought the boat from George H. He has 2 boats and needed to get rid of one, this was the one. The hull id was hard to read, so I could be off by a number with the last digit.

Thanks again

Regards
Peter