You inherited your uncle's Thompson and now you want to know more about it.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

LancerJohn14

Post by LancerJohn14 »

Hi Everyone. I am John and new to the Views. I recently purchased what I think is a 1961 Thompson Cortland Sea Lancer. It came with all the original "stuff". There is a little work to do on it though. I plan on taking my time. The tag on transom says Thompson Boat Co, of New York, Inc. Cortland New York, Serial No. 13258. Close to 17 ft. 3 inches long at the centerline and 75" beam. It came with a 1966 Mercury 110 hp long shaft. Just barely fit in the garage and had to get a remote start for the wife's car :) I'll post photos as soon as I figure out how. Most pics on the forum are on the web somewhere. I just have them on my PC. This is to be my retirement project in a year or two.
LancerBoy

Re: New Member

Post by LancerBoy »

welcome aboard!

You must upload pics to a hosting site such as Photobucket to be able to then download them here.

Sadly there is no known means to decipher the Cortland HULL ID/SERIAL NO. That facility changed their system of ID several times in the 1950s and early 1960s.

I have a 1961 Cortland built Sea Coaster - the 16 footer, in my collection.

Andreas
LancerJohn14

Post by LancerJohn14 »

Ok I think I can do photos. Image
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

LancerJohn14,

Welcome Aboard!
Your boat looks like it is in very good shape. Will be a nice project for your retirement.

Good Luck,

Phill
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Very nice!

When I get back home to MN sometime next week I will look up my Serial No. of my Cortland built Sea Coaster to compare to yours.

Andreas
LancerJohn14

Post by LancerJohn14 »

Thanks for looking. The canvas cover and fold down canvas also have matching numbers of 1-THC-17W written on the labels. I don't know if these mean anything.
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

That's really neato to have those tags on the canvas!

Andreas