Whats a '61 Evinrude Starflite III Worth?

Suggestions, concerns, and what is the correct power plant for your Thompson.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Dan Wolf

Whats a '61 Evinrude Starflite III Worth?

Post by Dan Wolf »

Ok, It seems I did my research a little late. I got a 61 Evinrude Starflite III 75hp for my Sea Coaster. I then checked to see what you guys said about it and it seems it may be a little heavy and a little too thirsty. And it looks huge. I have a very nice Johnson super Seahorse that I like a lot and looks very nice on the boat and a little reluctant to give her up. SO- now I want to shake the big boy loose. It is a nice motor with all the goodies. I like that it had a forward and reverse lever and a seperate throttle lever. The cowling could use a little work but the motor is in great shape still has the sparkplugs that my uncle said went out of buisness 30 years ago. Nicely browned he told me no fowling. So what do you think its worth? I bought it for three hundred. Thanks fo your input Dan
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Are you swaping the Evinrude 75 HP for a Johnson 75 HP? They are the same thing. Or is the Johnson some other HP?
Dan Wolf

Post by Dan Wolf »

No, I had a 40 HP Johnson Super Seahorse that originally came with the boat when I bought it. Its a 1967. I thought it would be neat to match up both the the biggger motor because it was the same year as the boat 1961. But now after reading previous posts I don't think I want to. ..Dan