Flush attachement for 1968 100hp Johnson (V4TL-14-B)

Suggestions, concerns, and what is the correct power plant for your Thompson.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

cmassucci

Flush attachement for 1968 100hp Johnson (V4TL-14-B)

Post by cmassucci »

Restoring the original 1968 100hp Johnson (V4TL-14-B) on my 1967 Thompson Offshore Camper. Cannot find what the Flush out attachement looks like for this OB. Looked through this site and the web, with no luck. Does anyone have a picture or can describe what it looks like? It is mentioned throughout my service manual, but not what it looks like. Anyone also know where I can find one or make one? Thanks for the guidance! Chris
Chris
67 Thompson Offshore Camper
john

Post by john »

The flushing device was made by Tempo. I found a picture of one for a 40hp on ebay, it's been sold, but picture can be found by doing an advanced search of completed items. key words are vintage tempo flusher 917. Sorry I could not copy it for you.

100 hp model was slighly bigger, should be a lot around, as everyone in the Houston area had one, for flushing after salt water.

Good place to find one would be Northshore Marine in Houston, 713 453 6431, talk to Margret. she can find one if anyone can, great parts lady for Johnson and Evinrude. Stone and Son in Houston also should have one (expensive, but have many old parts). The 100hp was only built in 66,67, and 69 with that gear case after that they went to jet prop exhaust.