Evinrude 65 hp 1968 Sportfour - looking for a home

Suggestions, concerns, and what is the correct power plant for your Thompson.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

JoeCB

Evinrude 65 hp 1968 Sportfour - looking for a home

Post by JoeCB »

Hi, this motor for sale ad was just posted on the AOMCI web site, may be a good fit for a classic Thompson, located in PA. (this for your info, I have no involvement), Joe B

The above motor was a good runner 2 seasons ago. I found water instead of oil in the lower end when I went to winterize it. Started the overhaul but it became too big of a project and I opted to get a newer ready to run motor instead. I have purchased about $300 worth of new and used parts, so just about everything is there. The motor under the cover looks nearly new so it was well taken care of before I purchased it, and a new ignition module was put on about 4 years ago. Comes complete with the controls, and has power tilt that works fine. I have tried to sell this motor over the last two years but no luck, and I need to get it out of where it is stored. If anyone wants it, I'll take best offer, included $0 if nobody else wants it. I prefer a local pick up but can package it for truck shipment for a price, but prefer to discuss that with someone who may be interested. You can reach me via email or phone, 973-219-7642. Located in Bangor PA which is near Easton and Allentown.
Thanks!
-John