1965 thompson off shore.

Suggestions, concerns, and what is the correct power plant for your Thompson.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

MICHAEL HONERKAMP

1965 thompson off shore.

Post by MICHAEL HONERKAMP »

HOWDY,

I AM NEW TO WOODEN BOATS BUT I HAVE BEEN A BOATER FOR 40 YRS.
I JUST PICKED UP A 1965 20'OFF SHORE. I AM GOING TO NEED HELP
FINDING SOME OF THE PARTS I NEED TO RESTORE THIS BOAT. ONE THING I KNOW I'LL NEED IS THE CENTER SUPPORT FOR THE WINDSHIELD
ANY ONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SOMETHING LIKE THIS OR DO I HAVE TO TRY TO HAVE IT MADE? I ALSO NEED A COUPLE PIECES OF HARDWARE. WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR THESE? I KNOW I'LL NEED MORE HELP IN THE FUTURE AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ATTENDING THE THOMPSON RALLY.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
MIKE
Thanks
Mike
a j r

Post by a j r »

Hi and welcome.

Is this a wooden or aluminum framed windshield?

Hardware such as cleats and chocks and lights were pretty generic. Thompson used pasrts from many suppliers such as Perko, Kainer, Wilcox-Crittenden, etc... I know they used Kainer and Attwood parts on some of the boats in 1965.

Watch ebay auctions etc... to try and find stuff.

I restored last year a 1965 Thompson Bros. Sea Lancer 18 footer. She had a M-6250 Attwood bow light and was supposed to have a Kainer 6006 stern light. T-8 Kainer cleats were common for the 1965 models along with T-6 chocks.

Andreas
MICHAEL HONERKAMP

'65 OFF SHORE

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.....

THE WINDSHIELD FRAME IS ALL WOOD AND THE FRONT WINDOWS SLIDE OUT..

I AM LOOKING FOR THE COVER PLATE FOR THE TOGGLE SWITHES ON THE DASH FOR THE BLOWER ,BILGE PUMPS ETC....

I AM LOOKING FOR ONE KLEAT... APPROX 5"-6" LONG WITH THE TOP CENTER CUT OUT....

KIND OF LOOKING TO NEXT SUMMER.... HOW MANY PEOPLE AND BOATS USUALLY ATTEND THE THOMPSON RALLY?

THANKS MIKE
Thanks
Mike
a j r

Post by a j r »

Anyone with a 1964 or 1965 Thompson (Peshtigo) that has a wooden windshield please help Michael with his windsheild question.

I can make some sketches and get photos of a 1961 windshield. I do not know however if they were the same or similar in 1965.

Keep an eye out at ebay for cleats and cover plates. Also go to old boat junkyards and scavange. Don't discount auto junk yards since they sometimes have stashes of boats.

The next Thompson Antique & Classic Boat Rally is the second weekend of August in 2008 - almost two years from now. There will NOT be one in 2007. This year there were 42 boats on display and in 2004 it was 61.

Andreas
MICHAEL HONERKAMP

ANDREAS,

THANKS FOR THE HELP & TIPS..... I SHOULD HAVE MY BOAT RESTORED
BY 2008 WILL CONSIDER MAKEING THE TRIP...

MIKE
Thanks
Mike