My new 1986 Thompson 288 Flybridge...Need some Info.

Suggestions and tips to keep your boat safe when not in the water.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

txfinance

My new 1986 Thompson 288 Flybridge...Need some Info.

Post by txfinance »

Just bought a 1986 Thompson 288. I was wondering if anyone knows if one can get manuals on the boat from anywhere. The boat is in Ohio and being relocated to Charleston SC. I have a trucking company picking it up next week but needed a measurement from the bottom of the boat to the flybridge. The marina in Ohio has limited staff and has not supplied me with the info yet. Can anyone help with that height of the boat......Look forward on many topics and related info on the Thompson Boats...

Greg
LancerBoy

Post by LancerBoy »

Welcome aboard,

There are no "manuals" for Thompson Boat. You may be able to locate manuals for the engine or other components.

The 1986 brochure indicates model 288 Adventurer is 28'-7" centerline length, 29'-2" gunwale length, 11' beam, 6' headroom, sleeps 6, has 200 gallon fuel capacity, 40 gallon fresh water capacity and weighs 9,200 pounds with twin engines. That's all it indicates.

I do have a 1984 Thompson Dealer Manual with model 288 Express Flybridge which looks pretty much the same as the 1986 model 288. Same dimensions too. The manual says the freeboard foreward is 51" and freeboard aft is 45". It says draft with skeg is 3'-3" and without skeg it's 3'-0" Overall height from waterline is 9'-3" No other dimensions are given.

Hope this helps.

Andreas