buffalo ny 1961 17foot boat available

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

scott

buffalo ny 1961 17foot boat available

Post by scott »

Hi group,

I plan to submit an ad for the magazine this evening, but wanted to let anyone local to Buffalo know of a boat that I am getting ready to part with.

I'm specifically addressing this to locals because I know so little about the boat that I wouldn't want anyone driving a long way if I unintentially mis-represent the boat.

Ahead of ad, I can say that it's a recent purchase of mine but unfortunately I did not know the clutch dog was bad when bought. Origional owner mysteriously :) included new gear parts in sale to me, which I will pass on to you. I can't do this work myself and as a result of this and financial circumstances, I am looking to get the boat, even at a considerable $ loss, into more capable hands - with boats like these, I think that's important. Hopefully, a better time for me to get back into a Thompson will come in my future.

Origional 60 HP engine runs well wih recent tune up receipt. Varnish is peeling, front deck ply is delaminating. I don't know what to consider average, but considering age, I think condition is pretty good. Trailer is great with new tongue, wheels, tires, and bearings.

To see boat, or ask more questions, e-mail me at szeglowski@hotmail.com or 716-573-5607
scott

Post by scott »

Still available - no inquiries at all, so just about any offer would be taken.
JRPfeff

Post by JRPfeff »

Scott,

Where did you run your ad? I'd like to see it. Can you post some photos here?

Jim