Step Pads

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Rodney Syverson

Step Pads

Post by Rodney Syverson »

For the purpose of starting a new thread and exploring how this website functions I would like to ask a question I posted several months ago. I am looking for the Thompson Step Pads with the gull embossed in white vinyl. Someone talked about having some made up. I have a rough deteriorated sample if that would help. Also I am in the process of recasting the Dashboard "Sea Lancer" nameplate I broke into pieces when I removed from my old dash. I am not certain how it will work out but will be sending the mold to the casters soon and will have chromeplated when done. If anyone is looking for the same thing I might be able to help you out. So far the cost does not look prohibitive. I am just not sure what the quality will be. I will try post a photo of that casting to my photos at Yahoo. Use the link in the previous posts this topic. Rod Syverson
a j r

Post by a j r »

Rodney, I too have thought about getting the step pads reproduced. But I just have not done any investigating. I have a pair of new old stock ones that could be used as patterns. Maybe after March I can take some time to investigate.

Come on down to the Minneapolis Boat Show 18-22 Jan at the Convention Center and visit the display of antique and classic boats. No Thompson boats this year, but 8 great old wooden boats plus an Amphicar.

Andreas