Anyone have pics of hinges on Seacoaster flip up seatback

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

John Hart

Anyone have pics of hinges on Seacoaster flip up seatback

Post by John Hart »

I need to buy some hinges for a flip down slat back seat, that I am going to make for my 1960 Seacoaster... I have one picture, but I am not sure if the hinges are original, I would appreciate seeing another one or two.

Does anyone have a good picture?... I am not sure of the shape, or whether they were originally chrome, SS, or brass...

This is not a solid seat back like on a Sea Lancer... (I wish the seat was like that at the transom). It will have three vertical supports and three horizontal back pieces.....

John Hart
a j r

Post by a j r »

I would suspect that the metal hinges were chromed brass. Maybe chromed pot metal.

Andreas
vinny

Post by vinny »

This is a 1958 seafarer back seat showing the hinge. This might give you an idea
a j r

Post by a j r »

These same hinges are used in the 1957, 1958, 1959, 1961, and 1965 Thompson Bros. Sea Lancer models for the rear seat and/or splash well face. The are chromed brass.

Andreas
jim hays

your 60 Sea-Coaster

Post by jim hays »

John is your seacoaster by chance a sea coaster special like the one on the Thompson CD yr 60? I dont know how many times I have looked at this and never really paid attention to it while trying to figure out what I for the seats in my 59 sea coaster. The picture shows back to back seats I have decided to put this style in my boat. I just got my boat turned over and back on the trailer yesterday. I also will be putting in a floor like the picture shows. What I would like is if anyone has this style of seat is some measurements. I will use the bow of the boat a N and so on. I would like to know the W&E measurements of the base of the seat also the Height from the floor of the base to just below the cushion and also the final measurment N & S of the bottom of the base next to the floor I should be able to make the seats with these measurements.Will try and send a pic from CD. I have made so many repairs that Im incorperating upgrades from different yrs. Thanks All Jim Hays
jim hays

hinges

Post by jim hays »

John I forgot to tell you that if those are the type of hinges you are looking for Im going into Portland tomorrow and will look for this style. Just dont know might find some. One of the boat stores has a room with Items like this that they take in on consignment if this is the style let me know. Also guys I tried to send a Pic and dont know where it went Im not familiar with how to do this yet and the boss had me pushing buttons trying to help, anyway dont know where they went. Probably to AJR.
jim hays

hinges

Post by jim hays »

John I saw some hinges similar to these at the place were I went today. If I remember correctly they were chrome and on a card at 17per pair they had 2pr. But here is the maker of them they dont sell to the public but list places wher you can check out. ABIMarine.com They are called cuddy door hinges they have the same look just a extra screw hole in each side. Part # 310410 brass and 310411 chrome (or ssnot sure) Hope this helps thanks for your assistance jim hays
John Hart

Post by John Hart »

Jim.. thanks for your help... these are the same hinges that I see on a picture another fella sent me on his Seacoaster.... so these will be the ones to match.

I don't see them in West Marine, Hamilton, Overtons, or Jamestown... so I will look at ABIMarine....

Thanks Again!!

John.

P.S.... mine is a Seacoaster Runabout... it has a front bench seat with a back, and then a bench only in back... There is one pictured in most of the Thompson catalogs... You will notice one with a white and blue seat back. I am not sure if that one flips down or not... I want to have access to the motor area.