Navigation Light Lenses

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

vernonfarmer

Navigation Light Lenses

Post by vernonfarmer »

I'm hoping to find red and green lenses for my navigation lights for a '59 Chetek Lapstrake utility 17 footer. The plastic lenses are aprox 2.75 X 2.5 inches. Looks like they were hit with some kind of solvent and melted part of the plastic.

The underside of the light housing has this curious stamp:

Any help would be appreciated!

John
a j r

Post by a j r »

That is a very common type of bow light. Watch ebay auctions. They come up often. You will most likely have to ourchase an entire bow light, not just the lenses.

Andreas
Phill Blank

Post by Phill Blank »

John,

I would try looking at Kendor Marine Corp in Franklin, WI. their located at 5713 West Ryan Road Phone 414-421-4370. www.kendormarine.com

They have a lot of obsolete boat parts and hardware items no longer available at most marine dealers today. They are a clearing house for obsolete parts. They purchase the items marine dealers and boat manufacturers have had laying around in the dustly corners or if one is going out of business they purchase all the hardware items. It is a fantastic place to go and just look around for that hard to find hardware item. I have found many of the hardware items I needed for my Thompson and also for my sailboat.
It is a great place to spend an afternoon just looking to see what you can find.

Good Luck,

Phill
jim hays

Post by jim hays »

John; send me your mailing address and I will send you what I have. The lense is green and amber but will send you the whole unit and you can do what you want with it. Im putting a nos perko on mine this case is just to pitted for me to mess with. Its off of my 59 SeaCoaster. Just emaill me your address Im on the list #5 Jim Hays.
vernonfarmer

Post by vernonfarmer »

Phill,

I was at Kendor on Monday. They don't have lenses to fit this light. I was stunned! They have every thing else a boat could need, though.

Jim, thanks so much for your offer. Will email right away.

John