Wooden windshield

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

gsd1

Wooden windshield

Post by gsd1 »

Have a 1967 18' Sea Lancer with a wooden frame windshield. It's the type with hatch adjusters and I need to know how the center post fastens to the main frame. I'm asking if someone can take a closeup picture on the inside and outside of their boat so we can duplicate the part. Somehow it got misplaced during restoration and we can't figure it out. Thanks for any help.
Glenn
a j r

Post by a j r »

Are you sure it is a 1967 Sea Lancer? The reason I question this is that all Thompson Bros. Sea Lancer models came standard with aluminum framed windshields in 1967. In fact, alminum was standard starting in the 1964 model Sea Lancers.

What is the hull ID? What is the serial number?

On my '57 Sea Lancer, the center post had screws thru it going into the wood frame. It had to all be taken apart to get at the screw heads which get covered with another trim piece. The boat is at off-site storage, so I can't go and look to give you a better decription. There were screws going every which way as I recall.

Andreas
gsd1

Post by gsd1 »

Thanks for the reply, I'm almost positive it's a 1967 Sea Lancer. Hull I.D. O 7159. I'm doing all the restoration myself with the exception of the windshield. Either I lost the piece or my friend who is making new pieces for me did - who knows. Just a minor setback, we'll figure it out. Thanks again.
Glenn
a j r

Post by a j r »

How about a serial number - from the little metal tag? That will help verify the year.

Andreas
gsd1

Post by gsd1 »

There is a capacity plate but it does not include a serial #, only maximum horsepower {125} and maximum loaded weight, I believe 2180 pounds. The boat came with vinyl covered decks, gunwales and dash. Seats were back to back vinyl with no rear seat. From what you told me when I first purchased the boat certain optons were available but not listed in the literature in 1967. I suspect the boat was special ordered with a wooden windshield but who knows. Thanks again and if we encounter problems with this I'll get back to you-I'm grateful for the help. I'll e-mail a picture of the boat when It's complete, hopefully this year.
Glenn
JRPfeff

Post by JRPfeff »

Take a look on the dashboard behind any instruments. I found mine behind the speedometer, after a year of thinking there was no name plate & serial number.
a j r

Post by a j r »

It's very possible that the boat was special ordered with a wooden framed windshield.

On the '65 Sea Lancer that I restored the serial number tag was nailed to the inside the transom, right next to the hull ID.

Andreas