her she is

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Ron P

photo's

Post by Ron P »

Andreas
Copy and paste the( img code box). it was the fourth box down that is under each picture. I think your boat is great!!! The stain color is correct.

What did you use? Are you mixing the same as Txdan has on his Cruisers projects. I think the Sea lancer that you did last year was more of a Red stain.

Did you get your logo blue from George Kirby Paint's ? Your color look's like the color that is on the front of the 59 catalog. I feel that logo blue was changed a few times thru the years. My 64 Thompson logo blue is Darker....

Another question ? When you put on a new deck. Are you using the original old style nail? THese are square/recktangle heads. Then counter set and filled with puddy. Then sanded and stained What is the puddy that you use so the stain color looks even

Thanks the boat looks great. Ron Pistohl.
Ron Pistohl
64 Cruisers Inc. 17 ft,W/64Johnson 90hp

65 Thompson 15 ft.W/65 Evinrude 40hp
Appleton,Wisconsin
Photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/waddlep/show/
a j r

more information on my boat

Post by a j r »

Hi Ron and thanks. I'll try posting more pictures and see if I can get the hang of it.

This boat is a 1961 Peshtigo Sea Lancer. The stain I used is Z-Spar 1095 Standard Mahogany. You're right, it is a better match than the Red Mahogany I had previously used, also from Z-Spar.

Yes, the logo blue came form George Kirby, Jr. Paint Company. I actuialy was given a small amount by one of our fine boaty friends, Duke VanEck.

As for atatching the deck plywood, I use screws and nails. The screws are typical wood screws, brass or silicon bronze. The nails are small silicon bronze (or are they copper?), ring shank. I nail them down and set them with a wide nail set. I got the nails at a boat chandelry here in Minneapolis.

I use filler putty from Home Depot. I was using Famowood, but it dries up so fast and is spendy. I use DAP Plastic Wood in the Natural colour. It is stainable and takes stain very nicely.

Andreas