proper line up

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

jim hays

proper line up

Post by jim hays »

OKguys here goes in what order would you place these on the center of your boat? Bow light, horn, cleat, spot light. my thought is bow light 1st, required horn (this is not a trumpet style is the small fat one I have seen on other sea coasters), Cleat is next, then the spot light that stands up (havent gotten this yet, may not be where I spotted it) all of this is starting from the bow. How about it AJR or anyone else, thanks for the help Jim Hays
a j r

Post by a j r »

Obviously the bow light should go up front.

Lifting ring or cleat next.

Horn is nearest the windshield frame.

I don't have spot lights on any of my boats. Many people place them off center.

Andreas
John Hart

Post by John Hart »

Jim.. for what it is worth, here is what was on my 1960 Seacoaster... I replaced in the same positions after refinishing...

John Hart

jim hays

Post by jim hays »

john: Nice very nice. question the cleat in the middle of the boat do you have the matching set for the rear on the transom or did they come in three. I bought a set of off Ebay to use on the back of my boat to fasten my sea anchors to when Im out fishing on the columbia. They have a little part that lifts up when you put in the rope and closes to keep the rope from falling out and the sea anchor keeps it tight and staight when still fishing. How far down from the bow is the cleat that the rope slides through on your boat? Both of them look like the same cleats I have.
Also how far back is the center cleat I thin the distance is 2thirds of the distance from the bow and the dash. Still havent bought the light may not 125 could be spent elswere but just hate to see it slip by. A little different doesnt have a cored just swivel on the stand. Enough for now Thanks Guys Jim
John Hart

Post by John Hart »

Jim... I think the only big one I have is the one on the Bow... it has that flipper paddle that pivots to let the rope in and trap it....

I put my boat in a barn two weeks ago, so I can't measure anything at this time... but here are several more pictures and you might be able to estimate rough distances...

My spotlight has a flip up latch, that can be undone for removal and use like a corded flashlight...

Later..

jim hays

lineup

Post by jim hays »

Thanks John, I think the distance I stated will be about correct. Put all the items I have up on the deck just to see what it would look like, looks ok. Now to finish the varnish. I hope to learn how to put up pictures at a later date for everyone to see. Being a greenhorn at this it has been both interesting and enjoyable. Again thanks all and keep it above water. Jim Hays
Ron P

Nice Varnish.

Post by Ron P »

Hey John Hart!

That's a excellant looking boat.You did a Fine Fine Job.

Looking at the before picture. I remember it being For Sale about 2002 or so. Was that you ? Or did you get your hands on it then? Nice to see the before and after pictures. Do you have any of the inside?
Again Great job.

Bring it to the rally next August.
Cheers Ron P
Ron Pistohl
64 Cruisers Inc. 17 ft,W/64Johnson 90hp

65 Thompson 15 ft.W/65 Evinrude 40hp
Appleton,Wisconsin
Photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/waddlep/show/
a j r

Post by a j r »

He had it at the last Thompson Boat Rally in 2006.

Andreas
John Hart

Post by John Hart »

Ron.. thanks for the comments... and as Andreas mentioned, I was at the rally last year..

I bought this boat from a fella in Wisconsin about March of 2003... I think it was on Boattrader.com.... but the picture that was posted was a fiberglass boat with a Merc...

I haven't posted a ton of pictures, but here are a few that show the inside before and after.... I hope I don't blow up your browser. (A couple of the pictures must have had some dust on them when I scanned them... )

John Hart
Minnesota

(I have since added the missing centersupport for the rear seat)

jim hays

shelf

Post by jim hays »

Thanks John, I wondered where the fancy board that I have went. (the shelf under the dash). Will put it in the boat. Waiting on the varnish to dry and will put on the final coat sometime in the next few days. Jim Hays