floor trim

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

t3

floor trim

Post by t3 »

Although my 66 seacoaster didn't originally come with floor trim, I was thinking of putting it in because I think it gives the interior a more finished look. However I don't know where it attaches. Is it attached directly to the floor, or is it resting on the floor but attached to the frames? Thanks in advance for any help.
a j r

Post by a j r »

I have a small stained and varnished mahogany floor trim in the 1957, 1958, 1959, 1961 Thompson Bros. Sea Lancer boats I have worked on. It is about 1 1/4 inches wide and 3/8 inches high. It is screwed into the floor riser supports or ribs. Use cap screws with a decorative washer.

On the 1965 Sea Lancer I restored, everything was gone when I got it in relation to floor boards and trim. I made some new trim based on what was in the earlier boats. I do not know if it was correct, but it looked nice.

Andreas
t3

Post by t3 »

Thanks for the quick reply. But I'm still a little confused. It sounds like I want to fasten the trim through the floorboards and into the risers. Is that right?

By the way, that Lancer looks great. Is that a wood deck I see? I like it.

M
a j r

Post by a j r »

Yes, screwed thru the floor boards into the risers or ribs.

Thanks for the nice comments. I suppose you are asking about the deck on the 1961 Sea Lancer. If yes, it is stained and varnished plywood. Same can be said for the 1965 Sea Lancer I restored a few years ago.

Andreas