anyone have a 1959 Thompson?

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

a j r

anyone have a 1959 Thompson?

Post by a j r »

Does anyone out there have a 1959 Peshtigo built Thompson?

I am attempting to determine if the 1959 Thompson Bros. Sea Lancer 17 footer had metal braces that went from transom to stringers??? Anyone with a 1959 boat, no matter which nmodel, please I beg you, check yours and let me know.

Maybe they put these same braces on other models?

I know they put 'em in the 1957 and 1958 Lancers, but did they continue this in 1959??

Andreas
email: thompsonboat@msn.com
jim hays

Braces

Post by jim hays »

Andreas Jim Hays here I just went out and checked my 59 Sea Coaster and it apperars that on my thompason they just put screws through the transom into the stringers no metal other than the scrrews hope this helps.
a j r

Post by a j r »

Thanks Jim, this helps. So at least they didn't use the metal braces on the 1959 Sea Coaster.

Still wanna know if they had 'em on the Sea Lancer and Off-Shore models. Any takers?

Andreas
a j r

Post by a j r »

Is it really true that NO one has a '59 Sea lancer???

How about a bigger boat - Off Shore or Sea Lane. Did those models have the metal transom braces in 1959?

Andreas
JRPfeff

Post by JRPfeff »

Andreas,

I missed your previous post.

Here is a shot of the inside transom of my 1959 SeaCoaster. Is that aluminum brace what you are looking for?

Jim
a j r

Post by a j r »

Exactly!

The '57 and '58 Sea Lancer models had two of these metal braces from the oak transom board that attched to the stringers/sister keelsons.

I wonder if the '59 Lancer had 'em? Your Sea Coaster detail points toward the other models havin' 'em.

Andreas