Running / Anchor Lights

Questions/concerns/issues. How did the other guy do it? Find out here.

Moderators: a j r, TDockside, Miles, Moderators

Atwater

Running / Anchor Lights

Post by Atwater »

Pulled the windshield off the Sea Camper . I'll have to repair the center rib that the Anchor lite attaches to . Looks like the original wiring was buggered . Was there some sort of contact/connector where the windshield would meet the deck ? I'll probably just use butt connectors below . Just curious .

So now with the new top which is about 10" taller , I'll have to install a stern running lite . Question ; Where would I find a wooden mast w/ lite ? I'd like to use the original mount .

TIA
Scott
txcaptdan

Post by txcaptdan »

Scott,
I have the windshield off my Seacamper redoing vinyl. Someone used some pretty lame wireing up through a brass tube through cabin roof to center pylon. So I will replace with new wire, yes I will probably butt joint at base.
Dan Stober
1965 20' Cruisers Inc. 570 Seacamper
1962 20' Cruisers Inc. 502
1963 16' Cruisers Inc. 202 Seafarer
Weatherford, Texas
Atwater

Post by Atwater »

To be honest , I didn't know what an anchor light was :shock: until I traced the wiring . What got me wondering about the connection was , that the center post where the wires run thru a channel , it almost looked like there had been provisions for contacts where it mated to the deck . The old wire were cut off at the base and filled with caulk . I guess I was thinking that it would have been quite innovative to allow quick removal of the windshield . Course , I wouldn't want to make a habit of it . :wink:
Scott